What Is a Personal Injury?
When we speak of “personal injury,” we’re talking about a type of legal claim but also a type of injury. Under Texas law, a personal injury claim can be filed if someone is injured because of someone’s negligent actions and these actions cause losses, such as medical bills, pain and suffering, and lost income. A personal injury in this situation can refer to any serious harm to a person, from a broken bone to a spinal cord injury to other injuries.
What Kinds of Personal Injuries Happen in Round Rock?
How Do Injuries Happen?
There are many ways that injuries can happen in Round Rock. In many cases, injuries can involve someone’s negligence or even a wrongful act. Common causes of harm in the community include:
- Car accidents. Car accidents can be caused by faulty road design, road rage, reckless drivers, and other circumstances. Motor vehicle crashes are one of the most common causes of injury in Round Rock, with 2,160 collisions in the city in 2020 alone.
- Workplace injuries. Every workplace comes with risks, and each year employees suffer injuries from slip and fall incidents, workplace traffic accidents, exposure to toxic substances, heavy machinery accidents, and other situations where serious harm can happen.
- 18-wheeler truck accidents. Commercial trucks, including big rigs, tank trucks, and other large trucks are important for Round Rock’s economy, but these vehicles take a long time to stop, they turn wide, and they have many blind spots. In addition, truck drivers may feel pressure to make many deliveries on strict schedules. All of this can cause collisions.
- Unsafe products. Unsafe products find their way to Round Rock homes when manufacturers are not careful during the design and manufacturing process or when retailers are not careful about the products they stock. In either case, these products can cause serious harm.
- Unsafe properties. The owners of hotels, business offices, stores, recreation centers, and other spaces are expected to keep their properties reasonably safe. When they don’t, people can be injured in slip and fall incidents and other accidents.
- Construction accidents. In Round Rock, 4,404 people worked in the construction industry in 2019. These employees work around heavy machinery, dangerous chemicals, and at heights, all of which can put them in danger.
- Drunk driving accidents. Awareness campaigns about the dangers of drinking and driving have been around since the 1980s, but despite this, Williamson County, where Round Rock is located, saw 290 DUI-related crashes in 2019 alone.
While in many cases we call these causes of injury “accidents,” in many cases they are preventable, so they are not really accidents after all. For example, while construction workers are at greater risk because of their job, their employers are expected to take extra safety precautions. When they don’t, they can be held responsible for any injuries that result.
When Should You Consider Retaining a Personal Injury Attorney?
If you have been injured, you may want to contact a personal injury lawyer in Round Rock, TX, right away. When you contact Pastrana & Garcia Injury Law, there is no cost and no obligation with your first consultation, so you get to learn more about what a Round Rock injury lawyer can do for you and you can find out whether you have a claim. Even if you think insurance will cover your costs, you may want to contact a Round Rock injury attorney as soon as possible after an injury because an attorney can:
- Evaluate how much your injury can cost you
- Look at any offers you have received
- Explain whether you have a claim
- Help you file a claim if that’s what you decide to do
- Build your case by investigating your accident
A Round Rock injury law firm has resources they can use immediately to gather and secure evidence before it’s gone. An experienced attorney can also help you file a claim on time. There is a time limit, called a statute of limitations, on how long you can wait before filing a claim, and contacting an attorney soon after your injury ensures you can meet this deadline.
You pay no fees unless we recover your compensation!
Remember, if you are the victim of an accident, YOU ARE NOT ALONE, CALL US FOR YOUR FREE CONSULTATION! 737-530-8604
What Can You Expect from the Claims Process?
Every personal injury claim in Round Rock is different. Some can take months while others can take over a year, and the exact steps needed for the process will depend on your case, the defendants, and other factors. In general, however, a Round Rock injury claim may involve these steps:
- You will generally consult with your attorney
- Your attorney will launch their own investigation into the case
- Your attorney will document the damages and financial losses you have suffered
- Your attorney will try to obtain a settlement offer from the liable party through their insurance company.
- If you can cannot be resolved in pre-litigation; your attorney will file the lawsuit by submitting the correct paperwork to let the defendants know they are being sued
- Your attorney will negotiate with the defendants’ insurance and seek a settlement before trial, if possible
- The attorney for the insurance company and your attorney will exchange documents and information about the case in a litigation process known as discovery
- Attorneys for both sides may work with a mediator to try to reach a settlement before the case goes to trial.
Most claims in Round Rock are settled before they reach trial because this is usually best for everyone. However, if your attorney cannot reach a settlement he or she feels is fair, your case may proceed to trial, where a jury will decide on: (1) who was responsible for your accident and (2) what are your damages.
What Should You Look for in a Personal Injury Lawyer in Round Rock?
Your Round Rock personal injury lawyer is crucial to the success of your claim. Finding the right attorney can be one of the most important decisions you make, but it can be hard to choose from the many options available. Here’s what you will want to look for:
- A record of happy clients and results. Good attorneys have clients who are happy to recommend them and past cases where they have successfully recovered money for their clients.
- Trial and negotiating experience. While most cases are settled out of court, you also want an attorney who has appeared before judges and juries.
- A communication style you trust. Look for an attorney who educates you about personal injury claims, talks to you about your case, cares about your outcome, and speaks your language. You want a Round Rock injury lawyer who makes you feel comfortable.
A personal injury lawyer in Round Rock, TX, who doesn’t have this type of experience and these qualities may harm your case. An inexperienced attorney may not investigate the causes of your accident carefully enough or can settle too early, which can mean you don’t get the money you may need for your injuries. It is worth it to find the right Round Rock injury attorney for you.
Why Choose Pastrana & Garcia Injury Law?
Pastrana & Garcia Injury Law is a Round Rock injury law firm with more than 30 years of experience and a track record of winning multi-million-dollar settlements. We are licensed to practice law in CO, NM, and TX, and we have even tackled cases across the border in Mexico.
Our team speaks English and Spanish, and we genuinely care about getting the best outcome for you. Our goal is to help. If you’ve been injured and don’t know where to turn, turn to Pastrana & Garcia Injury Law. Contact us for a free, confidential consultation to talk about whether you may have a case. You can also call us at 512-474-4487 to schedule your consultation.