Every day, thousands of people are injured as a result of someone else’s negligence.
Experiencing a catastrophic accident can leave you hurt, confused, and wondering who to trust. These accidents take a severe toll in terms of both time and money.
If you’ve faced such injuries, the Austin personal injury lawyers of Pastrana & García Injury Law are here to help. Our legal team is dedicated to seeing you justly compensated.
How to Choose The Right Lawyer
Choosing a law firm to represent you when filing a personal injury claim doesn’t have to be stressful. You want someone you feel safe with. Here are some tips on how to find the right lawyer for you.
- At your preliminary meeting, make sure that you feel confident with their answers to your questions.
- Ask them if they’ve worked on cases like yours before; it’s not an immediate deal-breaker if they haven’t, but if they have, they might already have a strategy in mind.
- Make sure you feel comfortable with your lawyer; your legal team will manage paperwork and speak to insurance companies on your behalf, so you need to trust them.
Our team is well-respected in the Austin area and has served hundreds of clients with positive results. Call us to set up your free consultation today.
Why Choose Pastrana & García Injury Law For Your Legal Needs?
You’ll want us on your team because:
- Our lawyers have served Texans for 30 years
- Our sole focus is personal injury, meaning we are extremely knowledgeable in this area
- Our entire team focuses on our clients — we are empathetic to your needs and understanding as you navigate this difficult time
- We can come to you — from Pflugerville to Bastrop and even across Texas — if you’re too injured to travel
- We handle any personal injury case, regardless of your immigration status
- You only pay us if we get you compensation
With our decades of experience, our compassionate mindset, and our client-focused approach, our Austin injury lawyers are the legal team that will be there for you.
How We Can Help Your Case
Our personal injury lawyers will make your claim run as smoothly as possible. When you add us to your team, we’ll help you with the legal side of the equation. You can count on us to:
- Investigate your case to see if the police or insurance companies overlooked something
- Listen to your side of events with compassion
- Calculate the cost of your injuries
- File your personal injury claim
- Help you collect witness statements, police reports, and bystander videos or photographs
- Negotiate with insurance companies for fair compensation
Once you hire us as your attorneys, you can inform any insurance agent who calls that you have legal representation and that they should speak to us. You don’t need to say anything else to them. Many insurance companies are looking to trick unsuspecting people into admitting fault, thereby negating a claim.
Remember to not automatically accept any offer an insurance company tries to give you; if they offer a settlement right away, it usually means they should be offering much more. Allow us to handle the nuances of insurance.
Types of Accidents We Handle
- Car accidents
- Boat accidents
- 18-Wheeler accidents
- Job site injuries
- Construction accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death.
If you’re unsure what type of case yours is, we’d be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Common Injuries We See as Personal Injury Lawyers in Austin
Many of our clients’ injuries are often catastrophic, meaning they are life-changing. There may never be a “return to normal” for them, so we want to ensure that those who caused the accident take financial responsibility.
- Traumatic brain injuries may encompass concussions or penetrating brain injuries. Any injury to the brain can take a long time to heal or can be a life-long injury, affecting movement, memory, sight, smell, and other senses.
- Back and spinal cord injuries can have the ability to affect the mobility of those affected permanently..
- Whiplash cases can take months or years to heal. In some cases, damaged nerves from the whiplash may never fully heal or require surgery to recover.
- Broken bones and fractures can cause extreme pain and prevent those injured from working or resuming daily life.
- Burns, which may occur from explosions or fires, can leave permanent scarring or may require expensive skin grafts to heal.
- Emotional damages, including depression, can start or increase after an accident and affect the quality of life of the affected person.
You should always get checked out by your doctor or at a hospital after an accident. First, it reduces the risk that you have injuries that you can’t visually see. Second, the report your doctor makes can be used to aid your claim. Call our offices after you visit the hospital to start the personal injury claim process.
What Injury Attorneys Do
After an accident, you’ll want all the support you can get to help you recover. You need a strong team to help you in every aspect of life, from your doctors to your friends and family. Our role is to help you get your deserved compensation for the accident. We’re part of your recovery team on the financial and legal side of things. Our personal injury lawyers will work hard to reclaim money for your injuries, suffering, and recovery time.
Will My Claim Go to Court?
Our lawyers focus on settling out of court. To do that, we negotiate fiercely with insurance companies. We aim to reach a fair settlement and will run everything by you before accepting an offer. Sometimes, however, an agreement with insurance companies can’t be reached. In that case, we will prepare for court and present your case before a judge. We are experienced in a courtroom and will fight for your justice all the way through.
What Are Punitive Damages?
In some cases, punitive damages may be awarded. This compensation is meant to punish the person paying for their actions or inaction that led to their injuries. These damages are often added to the other compensation in cases where extreme disregard for another person’s safety occurs. Both people and companies — as in the case of product malfunction — can be liable for punitive damages. A court usually distributes punitive damages for egregious behavior.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
Each case we deal with is different; every accident, injury, and situation has varying factors that must be considered. Until we meet with you, we can’t give you an exact amount. Several specifics that need to be factored in are:
- The total cost of damages that you sustained in the accident and how much future care you may need
- If the other person (or people) involved in the accident performed their actions out of malice, negligence, or carelessness
- How responsible you were for the accident
When looking at an accident, all of it is taken into account, so it’s important to take note of your and others’ actions that led to the accident.
Negligence Laws In Texas: Comparative Negligence
In Texas, comparative negligence determines who is most at fault during an accident. The good thing about this is that even if you’re partially responsible (but less than 50% responsible) for the accident, you can still file a claim to recover damages. However, this means that the more at fault you were for the accident, the less money you may receive. Actions that may make you partially responsible for an accident include:
- Forgetting to signal at a turn
- Not obeying posted road signs if driving
- Not obeying traffic or crosswalk signals if biking or walking
Anything not abiding by the letter of the law could be seen as damaging to your case. To protect yourself and your claim, ensure you’re following all rules, lessening your chance of contributory negligence. Our injury lawyers in Austin can answer your questions regarding your case’s specifics.
What Damages Are Available in a Personal Injury Case?
Adding up all the damages involved in each case takes skill and a thorough understanding of your present and future needs. As lawyers, we take into account how this accident affects your livelihood and life, adding that to your claim total. We make sure to account for the following:
- The cost of medical bills for your injuries from the accident, including any treatments or prescriptions
- The cost of future care that you will need (surgeries, therapies, and treatments)
- Wages that you lost due to not being able to work
- If your accident prevents you from returning to work or returning to the same sort of work, then wages that are lost from your change in job status
- Pain and suffering
- Treatment for PTSD, anxiety, or depression surrounding the accident
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer in Austin Today
We are driven to get results for our clients. If you’ve experienced an injury, our Austin lawyers are here for you. Fill out our online contact form or call our office at 512-474-4487. Don’t wait for justice — seek it today.