Some types of accidents that can occur on construction sites include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Accidents involving heavy machinery, including improper operation of vehicles such as excavators, forklifts and cranes; operator error; machine failure due to a manufacturing problem or poor maintenance; inadequate or no safety equipment at all; clothing, hair or jewelry becoming entangled in the machine; or exposure to toxic substances or materials.
- Electrocution accidents: Working near energized wires can present serious hazards, including surface burns, internal burns, falls, brain injury, permanent disability and even death.
- Falls: Falls can occur at ground level or from several feet above the ground. Lack of a harness or inadequate scaffolding can contribute to falls from upper levels of a construction site. Improperly secured equipment left on the ground, such as cables, tools or boxes, can cause workers to slip, trip or fall.
- Struck by: being struck by a falling object, whether it is equipment, material or a piece of machinery, is a common risk on construction sites.
- Trench collapse: crushing injuries and fatalities occur when an excavation trench collapses in on itself. Most of these cases could have been prevented by a supervisor checking to ensure the safety of the structure and/or providing a proper “trench box” or “trench shield”.
- Welding accidents: welding accidents generally involve very severe burns that can even lead to amputation of fingers and limbs, but claims for radiation exposure and eye damage also arise.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) and brain damage
- Paralysis and other spinal cord injuries
- Internal injuries
- Blindness or hearing loss
- Broken bones
- Skin injuries
- Back injuries
- Joint damage
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
No one should attempt to handle their personal injury case on their own!
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you involve an attorney as soon as possible. At Pastrana & García, personal injury attorneys, we have the experience necessary to secure your compensation. No matter your immigration status, consultations are free and confidential.
If you do NOT involve an attorney with experience in these types of claims, such as Pastrana & García, you could find yourself frustrated and confused in a complicated legal system, and they may even take advantage of your lack of legal knowledge, affecting your compensation.
We can help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Remember, if you are the victim in a construction accident,
YOU ARE NOT ALONE, CALL US FOR YOUR FREE CONSULTATION!